Monday 3 March 2014

Birchbox February - Love Style

February's Birchbox was all about style as London Fashion Week was in February.  The box contained samples of items that will be classics and fit into anyone's personal style.


Urban Veda Purifying Daily Facial Wash

I was really pleased I got a skincare product in my box that was more suited to my skin type this month.  This is an "all natural face wash to cleanse, help minimise pores and absorb excess oil".  I thought this product had a nice scent that wasn't overpowering.  It's a gel face wash but it isn't a foaming wash so it didn't feel too drying on my skin.  I did leave it for about 15 minutes before putting moisturiser on to see how my skin coped with it and my skin did feel tight after 5 minutes but this did ease off.  At the moment it's not something I would buy to use everyday but I would probably use it for post-workout cleansing at the gym.
£7.99 for 150ml - available from Urban Veda


Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Black

I've never been a massive fan of pen style eyeliners since I learned how to use gel and a brush but this is a great product for if you are in a rush or travelling.  It's a really thin pen and the nib is fantastic.  It's not too soft that it bends but it's also not so hard that you practically gouge your eye out everytime you do your makeup.  It also doesn't tug on your eyeliner when applying and has pretty good staying power.  Something I'd definitely recommend for those who find it tricky to use brushes or need to get ready quickly in the mornings.
£12 from Beauty Bay


Gilchrist and Soames The London Collection Shower Gel

To be completely honest I don't think theres much you can say about a shower gel other than it smells nice - which this definitely does! It's such a soapy smell that actually lingers on your skin as opposed to regular bars of soap.  It's "a paraben free formula with red tea, grape seed and milk thistle" that lathers well and left my skin feeling pretty smooth.  I also love the packaging as it reminds me of the shower gel that was in my hotel at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix circuit. It is pretty pricey but I'd maybe buy this for my future home when I - hopefully - have a guest bathroom.
£13.75 for 236ml from Gilchrist and Soames


Leighton Denny Nail Polish in Leading Lady

Oh my days that shade is so lush!  I have plenty nude nail polishes but there's something different about this one.  Its very close to Porchester Square by Nails Inc with more of a dusky pink undertone - nail swatches never come up properly in my pictures unfortunately.  It is a fantastic formula and I only needed 2 thin coats for it to be completely opaque.  This polish lasted 2 days on my battered hands before it started chipping but I'm not entirely sure if that is due to the new base and top coat I had used with it.  The only downside to this product is the brush.  I am so used to using Essie polishes with their perfect brush that using a thinner brush was a real struggle for me - how sad haha!  I'd definitely repurchase this shade though and it's made me think about trying out some other Leighton Denny polishes.  There is a great shade selection available including some other fantastic nudes and girly pinks.
£11 for 12ml - available from Marks and Spencer or Leighton Denny


Beauty Protector Protect and Oil

This is an exclusive product launch through Birchbox and is a "nourishing hair oil that battles UV rays, heat and breakage".  I already have a few hair oils so this one will hopefully eventually get a proper use.  I did think it has a really nice scent and it isn't overly greasy.
£16 for 115ml - available from the Birchbox store

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they mean so much to me!

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);