Monday 19 May 2014

Bloggers Do Trends Better | #BloggersDoItBetter Challenge

Part three of the Bloggers Do It Better challenge ran by Gemma of Touch of Belle is on the topic of trends and I decided to cover the makeup trends for Spring/Summer 2014.

The main trends that emerged from the catwalk shows way back in September were Rebel Liner, Golden Girls, Hot Lips, Raw Beauty and Sheer Shadow.  I'm showing my favourite looks from each trend below along with how I'll be wearing my favourites - Rebel Liner, Golden Girls and Hot Lip.

Rebel Liner

This is probably one of the easiest and most universal trends that pretty much everyone will be able to do.  It centres around eyeliner - if you couldn't tell - but this season it's being worn with a bit of an edge to it, hence the rebel part.

 Just Cavalli

 Blugirl

Rodarte

I used the Lord and Berry Kohl Eyeliner Pencil and smudged it out using a small shader brush.  To go with this look I kept my makeup very simple and my hair messy to give it that lived in look.

Golden Girls

Golden Girls is another trend that anyone will be able to do no matter their age or skin tone.  The look is all about that just back from holiday glow with sun kissed skin and flushed cheeks.

Emilio Pucci 

Michael Kors

To achieve this look I layered my Garnier BB cream with a George at Asda foudnation that is darker than my natural skin tone.  I then patted on the Honey Bronzer from The Body Shop all over my face, and applied Sleeks blush in Pixie Pink on my cheekbones along with the Pure Luxe Highlighter in Golden Rose by Autograph.  I kept my eyes really simple and just applied a light coat of lengthening mascara to open up my eyes, and boosted my brows using Benefit's Gimme Brow.

Hot Lips

Out of all the trends I'll be wearing I think this has to be my favourite...I just can't get enough of a bright matte lip! 

 House of Holland

 Prabal Gurung

I'm wearing the Bourjois Velvet Rouge in Pink Pong.

Raw Beauty

The ubiqutous no-makeup-makeup look that always seems to roll around in Spring and Summer.  It's all about keeping it uber minimal with only concealer being used on the majority of catwalks that featured it.

 Balmain

 Vera Wang

Giambattista Valli

Sheer Shadow

The pastel trend for clothing this season is crossing over into makeup with a soft wash of pastel shadow - particularly in blue - being the order of the day.

 Badgley Mishka

 Miu Miu

Burberry Prorsum

Hope you have enjoyed this post and remember to check back in a few weeks for the next installment of the Bloggers Do It Better challenge.

4 comments:

  1. You rock with that matte lipstick! You have such beautiful shaped lips that you should wear bright lipticks all the time. I found your post very informative, thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thinkg Blugirl, House of Holland and Vera Wang had some beautiful models/examples. I loved this a lot, you've collected quite a few trends there! And you've done an awesome job of trying them out yourself as well - brilliant.

    Check out my post on about this topic: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/05/bookish-trends-and-not-trends.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Read your post and I love TFIOS! Wailed like a baby :( I'll definitely be checking out the books you've recommended - need some material that isn't uni related :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they mean so much to me!

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);