Friday 16 May 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick



I'm a big lover of matte lips so when I saw this recent addition to the shelves of Boots I had to pick one up.  This is one of the first liquid lipsticks I have seen from a high street brand although they have been around for a while from higher end brands such as Hourglass.  There are six shades in the collection; two nudes, two reds and two picks.  I decided to pick up Pink Pong, a fushia pink, which was my definite favourite.


These are so incredibly long lasting it's unbelievable and you can really build the colour up aswell.  The traditional gloss applicator is quite pointed aswell so it makes it really easy to accurately apply without too much mess.  I was able to apply a few coats without it feeling heavy or for it to start flaking halfway through the day.  Eating and drinking causes no issues for it either.  Pasta dishes with plenty sauce don't even phase this attention grabbing lovely.  I was even asked by a Benefit makeup artist where it was from, she couldn't believe it when I told her it was Bourjois as she was convinced it would be MAC as the pigmentation as smoothness was so good. There was no smudging or anything from this babe through a whole day of wear with eating drinking and lots of chatting. Removal was a bit of a drawn out process but that shows just how good the staying power is with it.


Personally I would stay away from the nudes and go for the pinks or the pillar box red as you want maximum impact with a matte lip.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick is available from Boots now for £8.99

1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they mean so much to me!

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);