Monday 6 October 2014

Glow-getter




For most of my life I have always been a matte faced girl mostly in part of having oily skin.  Now, however, my skin is much more normal/combination so I'm all about having glowing dewy skin.  These are the products I use to get the look...

MAC Strobe Cream is one of those products I bought on a whim a few years ago without really thinking about it.  Back in my matte skin phase I had no idea how to use this so it's just lingered in a drawer until a month ago when I ran out of my L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer.  I now use Strobe cream most days as a primer underneath my foundation.  If I want a lighter look I'll often mix it with moisturiser and a touch of foundation for a glowy tinted moisturiser.  It could also be used as a highlighting cream but this is my preferred use.  It is a bit of an expensive on at £24.50 a bottle but I use such a small amount that it will last you ages.  If you're not up for splurging that much on a primer try out the Lumi Magique from L'Oreal as it is basically the same thing for a much friendlier price tag.

An obvious inclusion into this list is Benefit's High Beam.  I find this works well on my skin at any time of year whether I'm tanned or as pale as it gets in the depths of winter.  The pinky pearlescence is what I find makes it a much less stark highlighter as opposed to the pure white of Strobe Cream.  I just place three or four dots onto the top of my cheekbones and tap it with my finger to blend it into my skin.

That's not all though!  A recent addition has been the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light.  This is my final step in the glowing skin trilogy and has been a major player in the compliments I have been given about my skin lately.  Again, it is a bit of a card melter at £38 but I honestly believe it is worth every single penny.  I have worn it every day for the past 2 weeks (sometimes with multiple applications) and it make such a difference to my final look.  Although it is very finely milled, I felt it did appear a bit glittery when I first used it but this settles quickly and looks like a natural glow.  As you can see in the swatch below, it does give a very subtle effect so theres no chance of you looking like a disco ball if you are over zealous with your application.



What are your favourite products to get glowing dewy skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they mean so much to me!

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);