Wednesday 15 October 2014

Makeup Revolution





Last week I popped into Superdrug before meeting a friend for a movie - big mistake!  Cue me running along the street to meet my friend in time for the movie starting.

Anyhoos...what got me lost in time was the range from Makeup Revolution London.  I had read lots of positives about this brand a few months ago when it was first released but I'd never looked at it until that fateful day.

Amongst other things I picked up both the Ultra Cover and Conceal, and the Ultra Blush palettes.

First of all - I did not expect the packaging to be so good from a budget brand.  The high gloss palettes and large mirrors make them appear higher end than reality, and I adore the rose gold text.


The Ultra Cover and Conceal palette in light holds 8 different shades of super light and creamy concealer ranging from an almost porcelain to a light tan.  I think this colourway is most suited to those with a very pale complexion but it could also be used for highlighting for those with a darker skin tone - it is cheap enough that you could feasibly buy every single colourway if you so wished.

I did find that the concealer creased quite easily under my eyes without powder but this could be easily remedied.  As they are so light it is easy to layer to build up coverage and also super easy to blend out well.  Even though the coverage is buildable I wouldn't really recommend this for someone looking for a full coverage concealer for acne and blemishes.


I picked up the Sugar and Spice colourway of the Ultra Blush palette as I felt it was the one which suited my needs best.  It contains two tinted highlighters and six blushes.  I couldn't believe the pigmentation that came out of these blushes so you have to be very light handed when applying them, especially with the darker pink in the front left.  The highlighters are quite glittery, particularly the paler shade at the back, but the particles are still quite small despite this.

Overall, even though I have only used these palettes a couple of times, I am totally sold on the Makeup Revolution brand.  I also picked up a couple of eyeshadow palettes but I think I'll be returning soon to pick up some more of the range.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they mean so much to me!

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);