Wednesday 1 October 2014

Reasons to Love October

October is definitely my favourite month of the year.

Photograph by Simon Williams - found on google

Those colours are just beautiful!


Autumn is in full swing
For me it's when autumn properly begins. It's getting colder here in Scotland (although we had a bit of a heatwave yesterday...21 degrees!) which means boots, cozy jumpers and coats!

This is my new coat from ASOS - you can buy it here

Christmas preparations
I know you probably think I'm mad but the coming of October brings the Christmas decorations into stores! John Lewis and Marks and Spencer always have my favourite decorations for sale. I'm a total Christmas crazy person so October is when I start planning my 'theme'. I tend to have my decorations and wrapping follow a colour scheme and for the last few years it's been Scandi red and white...feeling like a switch up this year so stay tuned!  Being a full time student means that I need to be super organised to get everything done.  Also I'm not able to buy the fanciest presents but that doesn't mean I can't make them meaningful and look fancy right? 

My own little Christmas tree in my bedroom...this isn't up yet, I'm not that bad ha!

Halloween and Guy Fawkes night
My family and I have had a few over the top Halloween parties in the past. Unfortunately none of that this year and no fancy dress parties for me as I'll be working in the hospital *sad face*
I will however be all over the pumpkins and might just sneak in some extra decorations to my home this year.

I know Guy Fawkes night isn't until November but it's close enough.  Fireworks and sparklers.  What's not to love?

Me on Halloween circa 2009 - I was a vampire pin up sailor girl!

Me and friends on Halloween 2012 - I'm the sugar skull on the right

It's my birthday!
So clearly the best reason to love October is that it's when I came screaming into this glorious place! My birthday is at the end of the month so  I normally combine it with Halloween celebrations then after that it really is a whirlwind right up until Christmas and New Year...I just need to decide what's going on my wishlist this year...


What's your favourite month/time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they mean so much to me!

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);